Roux Maison Sport Detergent – Works on Something Even Tougher Than Sweat Smells
On your mark, get set – run FRESH! The New York Marathon is quickly approaching and whether you are competing in the annual race or rooting on a friend, don’t sweat the small stuff and run your wears through a cycle of Roux Maison. Ideal for running gear, Roux Maison utilizes natural ingredients to produce sport fabric specific detergents. Roux Maison’s Sport Detergent is custom blended with 100% natural essential oils that are synthetic and preservative free. The result is a deep natural clean that individuals can feel good about bringing into their home.
· Eliminates the dirt, odor and bacteria that can thrive in the dirtiest and sweatiest technical and workout gear
· Works to maintain the elasticity of lycra, spandex and high performance fabrics so they won’t stretch unnecessarily or prematurely deteriorate
· With use of the formula, waterproofing qualities stay intact and continue to breathe and wick away moisture as intended
· Available in Ambrosia, Sweet Tea and Fragrance Free · $16.99 for 16 oz bottle
Roux Maison is the second natural detergent I have received to review and I have to say I am really impressed. As many people know I don’t run, but I do sweat up a storm even more so now that I am nearing the end of this pregnancy and teaching several Zumba Classes a day. I have to admit that even with all the sweating my clothes never get that funk that seems to follow some people at the gym. I washed my workout clothes in these, of course they have been washed many times before in lesser detergents so I could not tell if they were “protected” or enhanced by the natural nature of Roux Maison since they are kind of worn out already.
So again I challenge detergent to the ultimate test – cloth diapers! We have spent quite a lot trying to get the ammonia smell out of our diapers, we have bought bacteria eating washes, etc to no avail. If you aren’t familiar with cloth diapers they are pretty much the ultimate workout clothing for tiny tushies. Made of similar waterproof and wicking materials for the covers and cotton for inserts they don’t just get bacteria from sweat, they get other bodily secretions as well.
Did the two recommended capfuls do anything for the toughest of the tough? You bet it did. The minute the wash was done I opened it and smelled….lavender! Even after a run through the dryer the diapers still smelled great.
Made in the USA this is definitely a great product. Here is a little more information on the company or you can visit their website.
- A complete family of environmentally friendly, fabric-specific laundry detergents, each precisely tailored to conserve your various fabrics and address all of your laundering needs while keeping your home and family safe from unnecessary, harmful chemicals
- Highly concentrated products all require less water, less packaging and less energy to transport
- Hypo-allergenic and safe for sensitive skin
- All products leave no chemical residue on you or your fabrics
- Saves time and money on dry cleaning
- Two exclusive fragrances, each a custom blend of therapeutic grade, 100% essential oils
- 16 oz of detergent = 40 loads of laundry
- Fragrance-Free products do not contain any masking chemicals and are ideal for those with the most sensitive skin
- Products are all readily biodegradable
- All ingredients are classified as non-hazardous
- Neutral pH
- Roux Maison never conducts animal testing
- Products do not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES), Formaldehyde, Pthalates, 1,4 Dioxane, Parabens, Phosphates, Optical Brighteners, Genetically Modified (GMO) Ingredients, marine pollutants, artificial fragrances, or artificial dyes
- BPA-free bottles
- Detergents are all low sudsing and safe for septic tanks
- Each detergent is specially formulated for all types of washing machines, including High Efficiency